How you can help.
We rely on donations from the public, schools, businesses and churches to provide the necessary materials and finances for our aid trips to Eastern Europe. You can help us by making a donation, either financial or material, which will be used to help improve the lives of impoverished children and carers in Eastern Europe.
You can help us by donating:
• Money - Each trip costs about £2000 (UK pounds) per van, including hire costs and fuel. (This cost is based on a trip to Romania; it varies depending on which country we visit.) To donate by standing order, go to this page.
• Medical supplies - Syringes, Needles, Antiseptic Creams, Antibiotics, Wound Dressings etc. Medicines must be in date because we cannot take out-of-date medicines across international borders.
• Disinfectants and Other Cleaning Fluids.
• Dried foods - Pasta, Rice, Pulses, Oats, Flour, Salt, Sugar etc.
• Baby items - Feeding Bottles, Nappies (Diapers), etc.
*SPECIAL NOTE ON CLOTHING - Unfortunately, due to changes in import regulations at the Romanian end, we are no longer able to accept clothing, blankets etc.
If you are able to donate any of these items, please contact us as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest.
Much of our support has come from schools and churches. If you would like us to come and make a presentation at your school, church or organisation, please get in touch with us.
Donating to European Relief Aid (ERA):
Please consider making a donation to European Relief Aid to help us continue our vital work in Romania.
All postal donations (cheques, standing orders etc.) should be sent to the following address:
European Relief Aid
P.O. Box 8
Please make all cheques payable to European Relief Aid. Please do not send cash through the post.
Arrangements can be made to collect material donations in bulk from within the UK. Please contact us for details.
If you would like to donate regularly to European Relief Aid, on a monthly or annual basis, please contact the office.
PLEASE CONTACT ME PERSONALLY TO FIND OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP OR TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE BY TELEPHONE.